Stylotone are promising to bring never-before-available recordings from classic and contemporary cinema to vinyl collectors worldwide. Already working with the estates of Bernard Herrmann, Alfred Hitchcock, Henry Mancini, Elmer Bernstein, Frank Cordell, modern directors such as Quentin Tarantino and Larry Cohen are also on their roster.
Their vinyl is assembled, mastered and cut at Abbey Road Studios by Sean Magee, who was personally responsible for cutting the recent mono and stereo editions of The Beatles’ vinyl catalogue.
Releases include both 180g Vinyl LP and a ‘Vinyl Replica’ CD in their Deluxe Edition releases, along with high-resolution MP3 downloads of the entire audio package and a 30” x 40” British Quad film poster. Their Super-Deluxe Edition packages include everything from the Deluxe Editions but are very limited runs of 180g coloured vinyl with additional fan memorabilia/ephemera, such as hand signed certificates, 7” singles and other items.
Twisted Nerve 7” EP:
4-track 7” 45rpm vinyl only EP, featuring music from the original motion picture soundtrack to the 1968 Boulting Brothers’ production of Twisted Nerve.
Side one: 1. Main Titles, 2. The Murder / Henry’s Dead
Side two: 1. The Assault, 2. Twisted Nerve (Jazz Version) AKA Jazz Version of Georgie (Twisted Nerve Theme), arranged and conducted by Howard Blake.
Demon 7″ EP:
4-track 7″ 45rpm vinyl only EP, featuring music from the original motion picture soundtrack to Larry Cohen’s culy 1976 horror film Demon (aka God Told Me To).
Side one: 1. Main titles 2. Panic In The Street
Side two: 1. Confrontation 2. End titles
Marnie 7″ EP:
4-track 7″ 45rpm vinyl only EP featuring music from the original motion picture soundtrack of Alfred Hitchock’s 1964 film Marnie.
Side one: 1. Prelude (Marnie), 2. The Storm
Side two: 1. The Hunt 2. Farewell
Twisted Nerve OMPS album
Soundtrack available in full for the first time, plus additional cues unused in the film and previously unheard music.
Super-deluxe editions include:
- 1 x 180g heavyweight 12” vinyl, cut at 45rpm, available in two ‘blood spattered’colour vinyl editions – yellow and black
- Yellow Edition – “blood spattered” yellow vinyl / Black Edition – “blood spattered” transparent vinyl
- Expanded Album on ‘Vinyl’ Replica CD in gatefold sleeve
- High-Definition 24-bit WAV + 320kbps MP3 download of the LP, CD and Complete Unedited Recording Sessions
- Exclusive ‘Film Replica’ 3-Track 7” Single featuring pop and jazz versions of the film’s main theme – arranged and conducted, at the composer’s request, by composer Howard Blake
- 30” x 40” British Quad Film Poster
- Certificate Signed by Mrs. Norma Herrmann
- Sleeve notes by director Quentin Tarantino and Herrmann biographer, Steven C. Smith
Khartoum OMPS album:
Super -Deluxe Edition combined vinyl, CD and download package featuring the full soundtrack to Basil Dearden’s epic picture starring Charlton Heston and Laurence Olivier.
Super-deluxe editions include:
- 2 x 180g heavyweight 12” “Sandstorm” vinyl, cut at 45RPM
- Complete album on ‘Vinyl’ replica CD in gatefold Sleeve
- High-Definition 24-bit WAV + 320kbps MP3 download of the LP and CD
- 30” x 40” replica British quad film poster
- Certificate signed by Mrs. Anja Cordell
- Sleeve notes by the son of ‘Khartoum’ director Basil Dearden – the writer and director James Dearden – whose credits include Fatal Attraction, Pascali’s Island and Rogue Trader
For more information, visit the label’s webstore.